It is believed that Bedford took its name from a Saxon chief called Beda and the fact that it used to be a ford over the Great Ouse.
Unlike most British cities and town, the street pattern in Bedford’s old town centre is fairly regular, which seems to indicate some town planning efforts in earlier times.
Bedford remained a small agricultural town until the 19th century where, transformed by the Industrial Revolution, it became an important centre for wool and lace.
Molly Dogs Antiques is an antiques online shop. Our stock changes regularly, and we have a large selection of Edwardian furniture, Georgian furniture, Victorian kitchen furniture, Art Deco patio furniture, 1950s furniture, 1960s furniture and antique home accessories. You don’t need to live in a listed building to own antiques, they will look elegant in any interior and they also make affordable second-hand furniture.
Molly Dog Antiques is based east of Bedford and we are happy to deliver your antiques and second-hand furniture to Bedford.
We have clients all over the country and can deliver your antiques to you. Here are a few of the areas we serve:
- London – Antiques | Second-Hand Furniture | Art Deco | Office Furniture
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire – Antiques | Second-Hand Furniture | Art Deco | Office Furniture
- Bedford, Bedfordshire – Antiques | Second-Hand Furniture | Art Deco | Office Furniture
- Oxford, Oxfordshire – Second-hand Furniture Oxfordshire | Online Vintage Shops Oxford | Antiques Oxford
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire – Antiques | Second-Hand Furniture | Art Deco | Home Accessories
- Reading, Berkshire – Antiques | Garden Furniture | Second-Hand Furniture
- Derby, Derbyshire – Second-Hand Furniture | Carpets | Sofas | Antiques
- Manchester – Second-Hand Furniture | Sofas | Office Furniture | Antiques
- Leicester – Second-Hand Furniture | Antiques | Office Furniture
- Bath, Somerset – Antiques | Second-Hand Furniture | Georgian Furniture | Home Accessories